White Plains Attorney Assists with Separation Agreements
Westchester law firm advises on New York separation laws
Spouses pursue a legal separation for many reasons. Perhaps you want some time apart from your spouse before pursuing a divorce, or perhaps religious grounds are the reason for pursuing separation instead of divorce. A legal separation can provide the circumstances you need to begin to live a separate life. A skilled family law attorney in White Plains, NY, Martin J. Rosen, P.C. can help you draft a proper separation agreement to protect your rights.
Filing for separation in White Plains, New York
A separation agreement sets out the different obligations of the parties during the separation, including spousal support, asset division and child custody and visitation rights. The separation agreement must be properly executed and filed with the County Clerk in the county of one of the partners.
The proper drafting of the agreement is essential to ensure that its terms have legal effect. You should seek the assistance of a well-versed family law attorney in drafting your unique agreement.
Covering a wide range of separation-related issues
Martin J. Rosen counsels his clients in the following issues that are related to obtaining a legal separation including:
- Separation agreement – A separation agreement is a legal contract that, when properly drafted, can help you achieve an amicable, well-arranged separation from your spouse. You need a talented divorce attorney to help you get the best separation arrangements possible.
- Division of property – Even in the case of a separation, property division issues may need to be addressed. Martin J. Rosen, a trusted divorce lawyer, will conduct a detailed analysis to help ensure that you and your children receive fair treatment.
- Child custody and visitation – You may need to create a parenting plan to determine the terms of child custody or schedule visitation during the separation. Attorney Martin J. Rosen can help ensure that these decisions meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the courts.
- Child support – You want to ensure that your children are taken care of financially during the separation. Martin J. Rosen, an attentive family law attorney, can help ensure that these decisions meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the courts.
- Maintenance/alimony – Spousal support ensures that a spouse is financially provided for during a separation. Martin J. Rosen, a skilled divorce lawyer, works closely with you to identify needs and negotiate an equitable settlement.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are a significant factor in separation and divorce settlements. A knowledgeable attorney can help you understand how these agreements may affect your separation.
- Modification of judgments – Modifications of judgments are often necessary to provide the best separation arrangements for you and your family. Martin J. Rosen, an efficient post-judgment modification attorney in White Plains, NY, can help you make the best case for a modification of existing judgments.
- Orders of protection – Your safety and that of your children is paramount. You need an understanding family law attorney who can make sure that you get the protection under the law that you need and deserve.
- Adoption – Adoption can involve complex legal considerations and have serious effects upon the legal structure of the family and its obligations. Contact a knowledgeable adoption lawyer to help you navigate the legal process.
- Paternity – Paternity comes with rights and responsibilities under law. Martin J. Rosen, a knowledgeable lawyer, can help you protect your rights and manage your responsibilities under a separation agreement.
Contact a veteran Westchester County attorney to handle your case
Attorney Martin J. Rosen can help you reach a separation agreement that suits your circumstances and gets you the best results for your future life. Call Martin J. Rosen, P.C. at 914-517-0841 or contact the firm online. The firm serves Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess and New York counties.
“Worked with Martin on two separate occasions for my legal needs. Always on-point and up to date with great perspective and advice on how to approach the task at hand. Represented my needs and the needs of my children with professionalism at all times. Would recommend him to anyone facing a matrimonial law matter who wants a professional pit bull at their side.”
-Barbara S. 5.0 rating ★★★★★