Skilled Family Law Attorney in White Plains, NY Delivers Sound Counsel
Respected firm provides reliable legal guidance for Hudson Valley residents
From the moment you’re confronted with a family law challenge, it’s important to understand your options clearly so you can protect yourself and the people closest to you. Whether you’re going through a divorce, looking to add a child to your family through adoption or are engaged in a dispute over parenting time, Martin J. Rosen, P.C. in White Plains can help. The firm’s clients work with an attorney who has more than five decades of legal experience, including service as chairperson of the Westchester County Bar Association’s family law section. No matter how complicated or stressful your situation might seem, Mr. Rosen is dedicated to relieving your burden and will press for a favorable outcome.
Accomplished lawyer handles divorce, custody and other domestic matters
Throughout the Hudson Valley, Martin J. Rosen handles a full range of concerns relating to New York’s Domestic Relations Law, including matters associated with:
- Divorce — Going through a divorce can be stressful, but with legal representation from a qualified lawyer, you can focus on achieving your objectives on property division, spousal maintenance and other terms so you can move forward with confidence.
- Child custody and support — Despite any differences they might have, parents who live apart are responsible for meeting the physical, emotional and financial needs of their children. By providing knowledgeable counsel on child custody, visitation and child support matters, Mr. Rosen helps parents establish a healthy environment while maintaining strong family bonds.
- Adoption — The excitement over adopting a child can turn to frustration because of the complex requirements set forth by New York’s Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). You can count on the firm for assistance with the home study, background check and other aspects of the placement process.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Many good reasons exist for negotiating a prenuptial agreement prior to your wedding date. You might want to ensure that you will be able to keep certain assets should the marriage end in divorce. In other cases, parents may wish to protect their children from a previous relationship or couples may want to reduce the potential for expensive matrimonial litigation. Martin J. Rosen works to develop fair, enforceable documents for prospective spouses and also assists with postnuptial agreements for clients who are already married.
- Legal separation — When a couple chooses to live apart while remaining married, Mr. Rosen assists in the preparation of a comprehensive separation agreement. This document addresses similar issues as a divorce order, such as custody, child support and maintenance, and can be submitted to the court as part of an action for separation.
- Modification of judgments — When a change in circumstances justifies a shift in custody, child support or maintenance terms, modifications of judgments are often necessary. Martin J. Rosen can make a strong argument to the court regarding the revision of an existing order.
- Paternity — Whether you’re a mother seeking child support or a putative father who is trying to gain custody rights, Martin J. Rosen can advise you on the laws relating to legal paternity and advocate for an appropriate resolution.
- Orders of protection — Your safety and that of your children is paramount. Mr. Rosen offers assistance when you are threatened with domestic violence so you can obtain a legal order of protection tailored to your specific situation and needs.
From start to finish, you can count on the firm to protect your interests while demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism and service.
Contact a knowledgeable White Plains family lawyer for a consultation
Martin J. Rosen, P.C. serves clients from Westchester County and throughout the Hudson Valley in all types of family law matters. Call 914-761-6300 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation. The firm’s office is located on Main Street in White Plains, across the street from the Galleria mall.