Experienced White Plains Divorce Lawyer Protects Your Rights
Established firm helps Hudson Valley residents navigate New York’s laws on marriage dissolution
Ending a marriage is difficult on many fronts. It can leave you emotionally and physically drained and stressed about your financial future. The stress is often magnified when substantial assets are involved. At Martin J. Rosen, P.C. in White Plains, clients receive knowledgeable counsel from a family lawyer with more than 50 years of strong advocacy experience. Mr. Rosen helps clients overcome their challenges and move forward, using an amicable resolution whenever possible to avoid the expense of litigation.
Choosing the type of divorce that fits your situation
The two types of divorce in New York are:
- Contested divorce — This occurs when the parties cannot reach an agreement on issues in dispute.
- Uncontested divorce — This involves negotiating the divorce terms and resolving the issues with opposing counsel. It may involve negotiating the terms through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Whether your divorce is amicable or contentious, attorney Martin J. Rosen offers professional, insightful representation that provides you and your children the best chance of a favorable resolution.
The process of a contested divorce
A divorce process typically begins with one partner serving the other with a summons for divorce. The party receiving the summons may then choose to contest or not contest the divorce. A contested divorce requires court hearings to decide disputed issues, though the parties will have many opportunities to negotiate a resolution. You need a skilled divorce attorney to handle a contested divorce proceeding from this point. You may also need an interim relief motion for temporary support to ensure your well-being. There will also be discovery, which involves an exchange of information in anticipation of hearings on complex issues such as property division and custody.
Successfully navigating uncontested divorce
A truly uncontested divorce is one in which you and your spouse agree on financial, child custody, support and property division issues and you both consent to the divorce. There’s nothing to negotiate, so an uncontested divorce can proceed quickly. It truly is the least stressful of divorce options. If you can agree on most major issues but still need to negotiate on others, negotiation may be a way to proceed.
Martin J. Rosen is adept at protecting client’s interests no matter which method they choose to dissolve their marriage. He considers your unique situation and advises which of these options will produce the best result for you.
Understanding the terms of divorce
Even in a negotiated divorce, you need a capable divorce lawyer to help protect your rights. Mr. Rosen assists clients with each of these terms:
- Division of property — You may wait for a courtroom trial to determine the distribution of property or instead opt to pursue a negotiated settlement. Whatever your circumstance, Martin J. Rosen conducts a detailed analysis to help ensure that you and your children receive fair treatment.
- Child custody and visitation — Whether you need to create a parenting plan to determine the terms of child custody or schedule visitation, Martin J. Rosen can help ensure that these decisions meet court requirements by adhering to the best interests of your children.
- Child support — Nothing is more important than ensuring the best future for your children. Mr. Rosen assists with support orders so your children are well supported financially after the divorce.
- Maintenance (alimony) — Not every divorce includes terms for spousal support, but divorce should not disadvantage one partner financially. Martin J. Rosen works closely with you to identify your needs and negotiate an equitable settlement.
- Separation — A properly drafted separation agreement with Mr. Rosen’s assistance can help you achieve an amicable, well-arranged separation from your spouse.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements —Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are a significant factor in divorce settlements. Mr. Rosen drafts sound documents that help preserve clients’ assets in the event their marriage ends.
- Contested divorce —A contested divorce can be a stressful, unpleasant experience. Martin J. Rosen can help minimize the stress with trusted, skillful representation.
- Modification of judgments —Modifications of judgments are often necessary to provide the best post-divorce arrangements for you and your family. Martin J. Rosen can make the best case to the court for a modification of existing judgments.
- Orders of protection —Your safety and that of your children is paramount. Mr. Rosen offers prompt help when you are threatened with harm so you get the protection under the law that you need and deserve.
- Adoption —The adoption process involves complex legal considerations and often frustrating delays. Mr. Rosen can help you navigate the legal process so your dream of adopting is realized.
- Paternity —Paternity comes with rights and responsibilities under law. Martin J. Rosen represents both mothers and putative fathers in paternity actions.
Whatever aspect of divorce you need help with, Martin J. Rosen will provide you with exceptional service and skilled representation to arrive at the best outcome for you and your loved ones.
Let an experienced White Plains divorce attorney, who conducts his office in a cost-effective fashion, help you move on with your life
Transform your emotional scenario into a favorable outcome. Get the legal help you need to transcend your current situation. Call Martin J. Rosen, P.C. at 914-517-0841 or contact the firm online. Serving clients from Westchester County and throughout the Hudson Valley, the firm’s office is located on Main Street in White Plains, across the street from the Galleria mall.