914-517-0841 914-517-0841

Modification of Judgments

Accomplished White Plains Lawyer Helps You Achieve the Modification of Judgments

The insightful advisement you need to cope with changed circumstances

When your circumstances change after a difficult divorce, you may find that the judgments reached in your divorce no longer suit your present situation or that of your children. You need skillful advisement from Martin J. Rosen, P.C. to make sure that you and your children continue to be provided for properly.

When you may get a modification of judgments in Westchester County

A substantial change in your circumstances or that of your former spouse may warrant a modification of a prior divorce judgment. Such changes may include:

  • A new job or significant promotion
  • A move out of state
  • Earning a college or professional degree
  • Remarriage
  • Substance abuse issues

Under such substantially changed circumstances, new provisions may be made for:

  • Child support – The amount of child support may be raised or lowered based on the change at issue and in light of the child’s best interests. Circumstances the court may consider in changing a child support order may include changed child custody arrangements, unemployment or a change in income. Martin J. Rosen, a veteran divorce law attorney, can help you successfully request a modification of child support.
  • Child custody – The court, in all cases, considers the best interests of the child. However, a change in the parents’ circumstances may create a corresponding change in what may be considered the child’s best interests. In making its decision, the court pays due attention to the impact the proposed changes to child custody have on the well-being of the child. You need a knowledgeable White Plains, NY family law attorney to help you make the best case for changes to child custody.
  • Child visitation – Any number of factors, such as a new job and its work schedule, may affect the scheduled arrangements for child visitation. The court will consider modifications to the visitation schedule in light of the child’s best interests.
  • Spousal support – Common reasons for a requested change in spousal support include the loss of a job or the supported former spouse’s remarriage. The court will examine the circumstances and may raise or lower spousal support accordingly. The support arrangement may reach back to an initial separation agreement, in which case a legal separation attorney can help you understand how this agreement may affect your progress toward divorce.

If you are fortunate enough to have reached a level of comfortable cooperation with your former spouse on postmarital issues, you may feel tempted to reach an informal agreement with him or her regarding these issues. Such agreements, however, may lead to further wrangling and uncertainty down the line. The best way forward is to retain a reliable post-judgment modification attorney to help you get an official, crystal-clear modification to your divorce judgments.

Contact a talented White Plains, NY legal team to handle your case

A change in your life circumstances does not mean that you have to be stuck with a bad divorce settlement. Call Martin J. Rosen, P.C. at 914-517-0841 or contact the firm online. The law office of Martin J. Rosen, P.C. serves Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess and New York counties.

Quick Contact Form

Quick Contact Form